Have you tried the King Arthur brand? If you haven’t, you should! I recently made a gluten free strawberry poke cake using King Arthur’s gluten free yellow cake mix. I must say, I was really impressed with how it turned out. It was super moist and stayed that way for several days. Yes, a gluten free cake that did not dry out and get crumbly!
Gluten Free Strawberry Poke Cake
Category Gluten Free Baking
- I box King Arthur Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 3 oz strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced Strawberries
- Bake cake according to the box directions using a 9×13 pan.
- When cake is done, let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Dissolve jello in 1 cup boiling water and then stir in the cold water.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon or wooden skewer, poke holes in the cake.
- Pour the jello evenly over the top of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Combine the cool whip, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the topping evenly over the cake. Arrange sliced strawberries over the top.
- Cover and put in fridge for 1 hour or until ready to serve.