Sticky Teriyaki Meatballs
Gluten Free Sticky Teriyaki Meatballs
I use my instant pot to make rice. For this one I added chopped broccoli florets and butter.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add all the ingredients for the sauce mix. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Once it starts boiling, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Roll into 15-20 equal sized balls.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet and brown the meatballs on all sides (you may need to do this in 2 batches) Do not cook them all the way through. You just want to brown them.
- Return all the meatballs to the cast iron skillet and pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice
- Garnish with green onion (optional)