Chicken Chow Mein
Gluten Free Chicken Chow Mein
- 1 ½ pounds of chicken breast cut into cubes
- 2 TBS olive oil
- ½ onion – diced
- 3-4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 can bean sprouts
- 1 small can water chestnuts (optional)
- 1 TBS molasses
- 2 TBS soy sauce (make sure it’s gluten free) I use La Choy Lite Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 cups boiling water
- Put olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat – Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the onions, 2 cups of boiling water, molasses, bouillon cubes, and soy sauce. Heat to a boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the corn starch with ¼ cup of water – add to the skillet along with the celery, bean sprouts and water chestnuts – cover and simmer an additional 10 – 15 minutes. Serve over rice! We like Kokuho Rose Rice